Migrate Linux Application to a RTOS
Mapusoft, a global leader in embedded software re-use and interoperability solutions, has developed OS Changer POSIX Porting kit to automatically migrate and re-use your legacy Linux/POSIX applications across a wide variety of RTOS Platforms
List of supported target OS’s supported includes :
Android®, LynxOS®, LynxOS-SE®, LynxOS-178®, micro-ITRON®, MQX®, NetBSD®, Nucleus®, QNX® Neutrino® RTOS, RT Linux®, Solaris®, ThreadX®, T-Kernel®, UNIX®, VxWorks® 6x/5x, Windows® XP/Vista/7/CE, microC/OS-III®
Click here to view the supported POSIX API’s
OS Changer POSIX Porting Kit – Advantages
- Allows you to easily move your Linux applications to the any proprietary or non-proprietary RTOS while saving you time and money.
- Makes legacy Linux applications productive to the enterprise by allowing them to be developed and tested on host platforms without a need for the target hardware.
- Improves the target OS by allowing additional features that are part of the Linux application to continue to be supported by the target RTOS.
- Can also be used as a virtualized test-bench platform for performing system integration testing of your applications on host PC that provides development flexibility and huge cost savings.
- Enables Host based simulation, testing embedded and/or time critical applications
- Application is connected effectively at the source code level
- Offers permanent portability solutions that actually get your Linux code to move to any proprietary or non-proprietary RTOS and its variants
- Flexible, easy to maintain and better migration to a unified OS architecture allowing you to migrate again and again.
- Reduced time, provides 80-90% portability requiring little code re-write on Hardware and Device Driver specific code
- Supports multi Process, 32/64 Bit architecture, UMP/SMP muti-processor
- Advanced thread pooling, Tiered memory pools & Tiered Shared Memory Pools features
- Statically create and reuse control objects from pool
- Statically create and reuse threads from pool
- Enhance performance without breaking OS API compliance
- Configure target environment and resource requirements for various OS version and variants
- Use OS Abstractor’s ability to recover from software fatal errors through a soft reset
- Use same Interface APIs within and across individual application processes
- API Optimization and Profiling
Related links :
White Paper : OS Changer: Protect your Software Investment