Move VxWorks Application to Linux
- Click here to view the supported VxWorks® APIs
- Click here to download & view webinar on how to migrate a sample VxWorks® applications to Linux
OS Changer VxWorks Porting Kit – Advantages
- Allows you to easily move your VxWorks® applications to the Linux operating system, while saving you time and money.
- Makes legacy VxWorks® applications productive to the enterprise by allowing them to be developed and tested on Linux host platforms without a need for the target hardware.
- Improves the Linux OS by allowing additional features that are part of the VxWorks® application to continue to be supported by the Linux OS.
- Can also be used as a virtualized test-bench platform for performing system integration testing of your applications on host PC that provides development flexibility and huge cost savings.
OS Changer VxWorks Porting Kit – Highlights
- Porting and development on Windows/Linux Host
- Enables Host based simulation, testing embedded and/or time critical applications
- Application is connected effectively at the source code level
- Offers permanent portability solutions that actually get your VxWorks® code to move to a Linux and its variants
- Flexible, easy to maintain and better migration to a unified OS architecture allowing you to migrate again and again.
- Reduced time, provides 80-90% portability requiring little code re-write on Hardware and Device Driver specific code
- Supports multi Process, 32/64 Bit architecture, UMP/SMP muti-processor
- Advanced thread pooling, Tiered memory pools & Tiered Shared Memory Pools features
- Load modules from Linux command line or launch from application via creating process
- Module can be broken into separate Linux
Combining OS Changer VxWorks Porting Kit with Linux OK kit provides a highly integrated development environment that combines VxWorks and Linux applications development with optimization benefits:
- Statically create and reuse control objects from pool
- Statically create and reuse threads from pool
- Enhance performance without breaking Linux API compliance
- Configure target environment and resource requirements for various Linux kernel version and variants
- Use OS Abstractor’s tiered memory pools to eliminate memory fragmentation
- Use OS Abstractor’s ability to recover from software fatal errors through a soft reset
- Use same Interface APIs within and across individual application processes
- API Optimization and Profiling
- Application optimization via custom Interface code generation
Related links :
White Paper : OS Changer: Protect your Software Investment
White Paper : OS Abstractor : Develop once to deploy on multiple platforms